expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Journey - Day 3: Iso Strength Chisel


This is my husband, Tony, and my daughter, Erin, using the pullup bar.  Pull ups are a lot more difficult than they appear!  I can barely do even one rep without the assist band!!  It is Day 3 of The Master's Hammer and Chisel and I am still super sore from yesterday's Hammer Plyometrics workout!!

Some notes – All moves are 10 reps, followed by a 10 second isometric hold, three times.
  • Sumo Squat – Toes pointed out. Use weights and keep your back
    straight. Down & up 10 times, then HOLD!
  • Push Up – Simple move, hard to do! 10 pushups, followed by holding for 10 seconds in the down position.
  • Split Squat – This is the same as a bulgarian squat, I think. One foot on the bench (I used the couch). You squat down on the supporting leg 10 times on each side.

  • Pull Up – Again, simple move, but hard to do! 10 Pullups, followed by a HOLD at the top for 10 seconds. I used the Pull Up Assist Band, which is awesome.  You can also use bands if you don’t have a pull up bar.
  • Step Up Side Hold – In this move, you step up & down with one foot 10 times from the SIDE. Then, you HOLD for 10 seconds with your leg in front of you. Autumn really likes to keep hammering on those legs!

  • One Arm Row – Straightforward, a 1 arm row with weights. The isometric HOLD is at the top for 10 seconds.

  • Sit up C- Curve – Situps with a light weight held at your chest. Make sure you keep your chest up. The isometric hold is for 10 seconds in the down position. A good ab move, but so far there haven’t been too many ab specific moves in H&C.
  • Lateral Raise – Light weights for this one! A lateral raise and an isometric hold at the top of the move. Shoulders = feel the burn!

ISO Strength Chisel Review:

The isometric hold is what really makes this difficult. On almost every move, I did the first 10-rep, 10 second hold thinking, OK, I’ve got this! But by the third rep / hold cycle, I was BURNING LIKE CRAZY!
These isometric moves really work. I felt them in my muscles for the next 36 hours after completing the workout.  The hardest move for me on this set was split squat. The outside of my booty was BURNING. I love being able to tell very quickly during these workouts work muscles that I rarely use.
Another thing I’m loving about these workouts is the variety so far. I did not expect such a variety of workout so it’s a pleasant surprise.  It keeps the workouts fun, engaging and interesting! I already KNOW I won’t get bored in the next 60 days!

Tomorrow is a rest day! (Thank goodness! Boy, do my muscles need it!) See you in 2 days for Hammer and Chisel - Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment