expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Hammer and Chisel Journey - Day 43: Total Body Chisel

Day 43: Total Body Chisel

Sneak Peek of several moves

Please see my previous blog post Hammer and Chisel - Day 29 for a full description of this workout by Autumn Calabrese.  As usual, Autumn does not disappoint with this total body workout that is sure to get your heart pumping!

By Day 43, I can definitely feel that I much stronger.  I have significantly increased my weights used for each exercise:

Round 1
Squat (traditional) *I increased my weights to 25 pound dumbbells (from 20 pounds).

Bench Press (using the bench or stability ball) *I increased my weight to 25 pound dumbbells (and this was very challenging for me) from 15 pounds.

Reverse Grip Row *I increased from 10 pound dumbbells to 12 pounds.

*repeat round twice for a total of three times

Round 2
Lunge (R/L 10 each leg) *I increased from 20 pound dumbbells to 25 pounds.

Incline Fly (using the bench or ball at a 45 degree angle) *I increased from 12 pounds to 15 pound dumbbells.

Dumbbell Pullover (using the bench or ball) *I used 24 pounds total for this move (this was actually the same as before).

*repeat round twice for a total of three times

Round 3
Step Up Crossover Lunge (R/L 10 each leg using the flat bench or a step) *I used a 10 pound dumbbell. (this gets really difficult by the end and it is hard to maintain a heavy weight for the duration of this move. I used 8 pounds last time.)


Step up crossover lunge 

Incline Bicep Curl (using bench or ball at 45 degree angle) *I increased from 10 pound dumbbells to 12 pounds.

Tricep Bench Dip (using the bench or step) 
*repeat round twice for a total of three times

Whew!  I'm beat!  The Step up Crossover Lunges are very challenging!!  I was performing them on my fireplace which is set pretty high.  This workout is really true to its name in that it truly is a total body workout!  I really enjoyed it and felt challenged. Oh Man! I also had to do 10 min Ab Chisel after this!!

See you tomorrow for Hammer and Chisel - Day 44!

My Meal Plan for Today: 


No comments:

Post a Comment